Monday, May 23, 2011

Lobbies and Finals

Exhausted... I think that is the state that I will be in for the next several months. I spent all day reviewing for the Networking final tomorrow. I know that it is open book but I don't want to take any chances. I went over everything to make sure that I understood it, printed all of the notes and re-read them, drew diagrams for things that I wanted to clarify, and printed my assignments. Once the evening came around, I decided to shift away from my latest obsession with my independent study and continue the networking theme of the day so I pulled up Spacewar. 


In my newly imposed schedule (which consists literally of only working on all of my coding projects, eating in short bursts, sleeping some, and using the bathroom), I didn't have too much time to devote to programming today. However, I removed the Ship Selection and Upgrade screens from the game and began to work on the lobby. I had originally planned on making my game networked with a true Client Server model but I don't know that that will happen now. For one, the assignment PDF for the Lobby says that we need to create a lobby using P2P. This also appears to be the simpler way to do it, especially given that there is relevant sample code. With very little time and very much to do, I am going to work with whatever gives me good functionality faster. 


Tomorrow will begin early and is reserved for creating the Lobby, continuing to work on the networking layer of the game, and taking the final. Then the final will be out of the way and I will have one less thing to worry about;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment