Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Space War Pew Pew

Space War is kind of convoluted. It's not the worst code I've seen by far, and it's got pretty good comments, but there is so much mixed in. At times, I feel like I am spending more time figuring out how the game code works than focusing on the networking aspect. Anywho, enough complaining though. Yesterday, I decided to clean up the code before going any further with my queue and networking. I deleted the retro version of the game, the sun and gravity. Now, I need to delete the upgrades and ship selection screens, as well as smoothing out the edges between the changes I make. Cutting things out wasn't bad, but I realize more and more that I need to rewrite more and more code. This is definitely a big project and I'm very glad that we still have several weeks and I've already been. I'm totally baby stepping it now. I don't have anything huge to declare at this point, but I'm happy to report that everything is on track and going well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment